CGSC（Chinese Graduate Students Club, 华人研究生俱乐部）是一个年轻充满生机的团体，这里凝聚了UA数百名华人在校学子和多名毕业校友。CGSC是一个面向所有华人学生的综合平台，致力于为华人学生提供学习、生活、娱乐以及职业发展等领域的全方位服务。畅通的信息渠道和心贴心的帮助让每一位华人学子在异国他乡感受到家的温暖。
In order to be eligible to run and hold office, the Executive candidates need to be registered students at the University of Alberta, who have passion, responsibility, team work spirit and are willing to contribute to the club, Chinese students and communities.
3 Election Procedures
1) Each member of the Election Committee, which is composed of Executive Members, Advisory Members, Committee Members Present on Campaign, and Team Members, will be given an opportunity to vote by secret ballot. The voting logistics will be determined by the VP-Events.
2) A candidate must receive a simple majority (50% or 50% with one additional vote) to be elected.
3) The Vice-president candidates, who fail to win the election, could be arranged to the directors pool if they want to stay in the team.
4 Cessation of Executive members
1) Resignation: Resignation should be given in writing and delivered to the President/Co-presidents.
2) Impeachment: If an Executive Member fails to fulfill the duties of his/her position, including:
- Missing two consecutive meetings without providing notice in advance.
- Being consistently irresponsible: not fulfilling the duties of the position or not meeting agreed upon deliverables within the timeline without providing notice in advance.
Any Executive Member may petition for their impeachment and the impeachment will pall with 2/3 executive vote.
5 Descriptions of the responsibilities of each executive members
The President or Co-Presidents are responsible to set strategic direction for the group and are the Chair/Chairs of the Executive Committee. The President or Co-Presidents act as the main point of contact for all external organizations, possess signing authority on the group bank account, and the primary media contact. The President or Co-Presidents provide supports to VP-External when dealing with annual sponsorships. The President or Co-Presidents have the responsibility to coordinate with every Vice Presidents to lubricate the internal relationship among all executives, and cover anyone’s vacancy to ensure the whole progress work smoothly and on time during a specific event preparation when necessary. The President or Co-Presidents are not suggested to take any other executive position in other students group.
Responsible for financial issues of CGSC. Specifically, his or her responsibility includes but not limited to creating and presenting fiscal year budget, submitting annual and monthly financial report, operating group bank account, applying for grants, signing the financial document and reimbursing member’s expense.
Establishing plans for pre-event preparation and day of logistics. Creating event task lists and ensuring that everything is done in a timely manner. Ensuring that all events are delivered at high quality levels. Coordinate with Risk & Safety for all club events. Working with VP Finance to ensure events are within budget.
Responsible for introducing and communicating with sponsors. Connecting CGSC with other student groups, on-campus and off-campus organizations. Inviting and communicating with guests, speakers etc. for specific events. Developing, maintaining and enhancing the collaboration relationship of the club with partners.
Recruit team members and general members. Hold annual election meeting for selecting new executive members for the following term. Call for meetings. Keep and make public minutes and record attendance of meetings. Review, make amendments to and maintain a hard copy of the Constitution of Chinese Graduate Students Club upon agreement of all executive members and advisory members. Facilitate communication amongst President/Co-Presidents, other Vice Presidents, and past Executive Members etc.
In charge of poster design and revision. Develop sign-up forms and feedback forms. Manage and update CGSC official website. Ensure that Student Group Service has the most up-to-date group information and activity plans. Provide technical support when necessary.
Work with VP-External to oversee public relations and communication plans that many enhance the reputation of CGSC. Plan and implementing advertising campaigns, including social media (e.g. Facebook, Weibo, WeChat, LinkedIn etc. ) and billboards etc. Responsible for arranging members to print and put up posters etc. around campus.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- CGSC 2016-2017 Executive Committee